Friday, July 30, 2010

{START Praying}

What are some things that I really want to do but somehow struggle to believe that these are what I really want:
  • Go for missions trip
  • Share the Word of God
  • Avail myself to be used by God to minister to His people
  • Participate whole-heartedly in a ministry
  • Learn to love others more than myself
  • Get deep into the Word of God
  • Write a book
  • Make a difference
For each individual point listed above, I've got so many reasons for why I don't want to do what I've listed. I almost feel like a complete contradiction. The best way to describe how I feel is ...

"For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit,
and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature.
They are in conflict with each other,
so that you do not do what you want."
Galatians 5:17

And I have the perfect explanation for feeling this way:

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers, against the authorities,
against the powers of this dark world and
against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
Ephesians 6:12

Stop wondering.
Stop questioning.
Stop complaining.
Stop trying.


No comments: