Monday, July 5, 2010

{Mark This Day}

So I finally made that call.

That call which I held back 20 years now.

That call that I never wanted to make.

That call that was in my list of "never to do".

I called...

.

.

.

the dentist (AARARARARARARARRGGGGGGHhhhhhhhh)

and...

.

.

.

made an appointment to extract 2 wisdom tooth and do surgery on the other 2!!!

Yes!!! Why on earth would I have 4 wisdom tooth that needs so much to be done! I've been avoiding this, pretending it didn't matter that my teeth became crooked coz' of the wisdom teeth. Pretended that the pain was never a bother...until now. I don't have a choice. It's at the stage where the dentist says, it has to be removed. Oh my!!!!

And the cost of removing it?!?!?!??!?!?!?! I can buy 2 bags without thinking!

Nurse: Oh they can sedate you if you want.

Me: Really??!! (Excited!!) I want it. How much does it cost.

Nurse: (this plus that plus that)... about $1200 just for the sedation

Me: Huh?!?!?!?!

$1000 per surgery x 2

$500 per extraction x 2

Plus all the extras like stuff you bite on, water you rinse your mouth with, goggles that they put on you etc. Really, I could have brought all those myself and spent less than $5.

Keep me in your prayers.

The date is... 16 July 2010....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh oh.. i hate going dentist too. until i find this lovely one at takashimaya...

Good luck to your tooth extraction and happy birthday Wendy, although i didnt know which day was it exactly :)