Friday, July 30, 2010

{Happy 1st Blogday!}

It's been exactly a year since I started this blog. If you look at the blog addy, you might wonder why jul09. Well, I decided to start a blog on 30 July 2009, when I did the same routine - Took the day off and ended up staying up the night before.

Looking through all the posts, it seems the year passed with a bleh...not bad, but ordinary.

What were the higlights and lowlights for me?
  • I started scrapping more often than I did since I first bought my scrap items.
  • I've built up a scrap area that scares me with the amount of unused items I have and it keeps piling up.
  • I had a fantastic trip in Seoul with M.
  • I went through the 2nd most stressful period of my work life.
  • I went through a host of emotional roller coaster at home.
  • I've withdrew myself from ministry.
  • Made some really wonderful friends.
When I started this blog, I wanted it to be a scrapblog. I was very much inspired by Y's blog. I deliberately tried to minus out as much religious thoughts as possible to keep this blog neutral, and blogged everything else other than about Him.

A year has passed.

I realised, for me, scrapbooking is just another hobby. I don't think I'm all that into it like G or Y where scrapping flows in their blood. They practically scrap about every aspects of their lives and I admire them for being able to do that.

The one thing I've learnt in this year is that I don't like not having God as the center of my life. I can't take God out of my blog, if this is going to be a blog about me. Without Him, my life is just bleh. Everything's great, but I'm empty inside.

Scrapbooking is not the most important thing in my life, God is. You might laugh and think, isn't that obvious. It is, but somehow I get thrown off balance. Somehow I allowed it to happen.

Will anything change this year? It's not dependent on Him, it's dependent on me.

There's 2 sides of me. One side is longing to just jump out of the current and get back on track. The other side of me is just slouching like I'm doing now, refusing to move a bit.

Happy 1st Blogday! This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments: