Monday, November 16, 2009

{I M NOT A BREAKER}

You see... when I was living with my parents, my dad used to scream at me for "spoiling things". It seems everything that landed in my hands got broken or spoilt.

Honestly, I don't agree with him :) ... seriously, I'm not kidding, I don't spoil things. The only time this happens is when he's around... it's like an unseen evil lurking around just to make sure that happens so that we both could get into a fight.

I haven't been breaking stuff since I shifted out - ok once or twice, but who doesn't right. But what happened over the past week was just ridiculous...

First day when I shiftd home "I" broke the Roman Blinds.
When I shifted out of that bedroom 3 years ago, the roman blinds were working fine. Apparantly, dad broke 90% of it but managed to fix it such that we could still pull the strings to move the blinds up and down. First night when I pulled the strings, something seems stuck. So I tugged it a little harder - OOOooopppss! All the strings popped! I broke it. Now, it can never be rolled up again... OK so i spoiled it 99% now, but, nobody told me i couldn't pull it at the bottom, which is supposedly the right way to do it...

So, there I was panicking, coz' I could anticipate what my dad would say. Started praying. Told mum about it, got her to be my buffer. We prayed.

When I saw dad in the evening on the 2nd night, not only did he not scold me but he talked to me nicely :)

Thank God for mums, they help us buffer the firing from dads :) Yeah, mum got the first-hand firing that morning when she broke the news to him. So sweet of her, she even told him it's my first day home, don't scold me... aw... i love her!

Second day when I shifted home... I broke an egg.
So as dad was "talking to me nicely" about the roman blind, his back was facing me. He was at the sink. I just came home and wanted to put our breakfast in the fridge. All I did, really...., all I did was open the fridge. And I heard a crack. An egg dropped in the fridge.

Gosh! Should I seen my face then. I was like, no way this is happening!

I quickly closed the fridge with the broken egg in there and walked away, praying that dad won't open the fridge.

He didn't. When he get settled in watching TV, I casually walked into the kitchen, got the table cloth and quietly started to clean up the mess. Half way through, dad turned over suspiciously with a frown and said, "What are you doing in the kitchen? Don't break things ah. Don't know anything ask me..." Oohhh.. panic in the first degree..... In which I quickly responded "orh". I left the table cloth in the fridge and pretended to take out something from the fridge and walked away.

Later a casually walked into the kitchen agian. This time I had my hair towel in my hand. I opened the fridge, quickly clean up the mess with the table cloth that was left inside, and hid the cloth below my hair towel and quickly went to the toilet to clean the table cloth...

Aiyo went through so much trouble just to wipe off that dancing egg that nearly sabotage me... So, he never found out about the broken egg, that's one thing I broke less...

Sixth day when I shifted home...  the fan broke
We were out most of the day and dad was home most of the evening. All evening while we were out and he was home, nothing happened.

Mark and I came home, went to the room and started unpacking. Suddenly I heard "kiak, kiak, kiak..." I looked around to see where the sound was coming from. To my horror, i saw my fan head slowly but surely falling off! I quickly went over to support it.

The moment i did that, I knew it was a mistake. What would it seem like? It would seem like I broke the fan.. ahhhhhh......

So I called for dad and he came in. The moment he saw me in that fan supporting moment, he was all geared up to blast at me, "Break the fan again!!!!" before he could go on, I quickly defended myself and said, "I didn't do anything. I was just packing my stuff over there, don't believe you ask Mark..." In my defense, Mark responded in his usual quiet self and said. "em" and nodded in agreement.

For the first time, in such a situation, I saw that look on dad's face. He wanted to smile, but he kept the smile in. In hokkien, it's called, um-chio. It was hilarious! 

So he fixed it and all was well... to set the record straight - I didn't break the fan, it broke on it's own the moment I set foot in the room...

Seventh day when I shifted home... I broke a hook
I was trying to be smart to shift one hook so that I can hang my towel to dry it more effectively. It wasn't a special or extraordinary hook. It was one that I used before because we have it in our home. So I confidently tried to remove the hook and it went "PIAK". 

Oh my oh my oh my... 

I thought to myself, "What? Even a bathroom hook! Look! Whatever that's causing all this silly breaking series, stop it now!"

It's the day eight today... I WILL NOT break anything!  

No comments: