Friday, November 13, 2009

{Reno Day 2-5}

Horror!

{Day 2}
Apparantly paint color is the least of the our concern. The quality of paint work done by painters were terrible! I'm not sure if it's the paint being too diluted or that it was actually painted just one layer - we can see the blue tint from the previous paint. 2 walls look different although the same paint was used.

The painter used emulsion paint to paint on the metal window grills - hello....

He didn't smoothen the walls before painting. Walls looked like acne wall...

I'm disappointed.

{Day 3}
Parquet guys came to grind the floor. They were suppose to arrive at 9am, but they only appeared at 1130am.

{Day 4}
After what happened on Day 3, I made it very clear to our contractor that we want them to start at 9am so they can end early and the smell of the polish will go away by evening because my in laws are staying there at night. Contractor assured that workers would be there by 9am.

11.30am I received a call to say that nobody's there.

12.30pm I received a call to say that nobody's there.

1.30pm I called to find out still nobody's there.

2.30pm finally received an sms to say that they are arriving.

What is this???? I'm so frustrated!

Everything was done by evening. Thank God!

{Day 5}
Nothing's suppose to be done today. We're suppose to let the floor rest. I started the day thinking everything would be beautiful and fine.

9am received a call from home to say that the parquet looks more scratched than before, there were what looked like paint spots sealed in it, the trimmings were not polished...

I give up.

Is it me or is it the contractor? When we hired them shouldn't it be their job to make sure everything is done properly? Why is there nobody checking on these? Why is everything not done properly?

Urgh!

Lord, help me!

1 comment:

Yixi said...

welcome to the world of singapore contractors ;)