Saturday, November 21, 2009

{Reno Day 10 - 13}

I've lost count what has gone wrong... coz' there's just so much.

To sum it up...

The good:
  • The contractor/designer is a really nice and cute lady - I can see a friendship blossoming from there. I just pray this whole work thing wouldn't damage a possible friendship.
  • Love the laminates
  • Love the intricate designs on the knobs
  • Pretty happy with the colors, would look nicer if they were a little darker
  • Love the look of the curtains but not sure how it'll look with the room - can't envision it now - we found our own curtain lady from her distributing of leaflet at the central ha ha, can't believe we used her but she's quite good.s &
  • Love the lights - we selected the lamp; bought them

The bad:
  • Day after day, we find stuff that were not done properly. Overall, I find the workmanship - poor.
  • The workers boo-booed on all the major items that have been highlighted right from the start of our discussion, in which we were assured that all those details will be well taken care because they are "professionals". But in the end, I must say, I've been disappointed time and time again.
  • Flooring went wrong, painting went wrong, dimensions of study room wardrobe for the safe went wrong, the swivel study table went wrong, height of bench went wrong, now I'm wondering if the size is also wrong, hinges on pull-out table isn't installed properly, sliding doors of wardrobe block an entire section of the wardrobe...
  • The part I've been most disappointed in is the overall look of the internal of the wardrobe. I've highlightd right from the start and throughout the discussion on what I want, I even printed several pictures and emailed pictures to them... they assured they know what I want... in the end it looks like a rearrangement of my old wardrobe - I really don't understand how this could happen even with all the pictures I've showed them.
  • The most frustrating part is that the contractor is always siding the workers, accepting all the unacceptable reasons that the workers give. Very simply put, we're the client, we're paying shouldn't it be the contractor's job to ensure quality and the right things are done, instead of saying, "Ah ya I told them already... workers hard to manage..." At the end of it, if it's not done well, it's the contactor's job to make sure the workers get it done as the client has requested and not give the clients excuses on why it cannot be done... I'm really really disappointed...it feels as if we have to do all the checking even though we have gone through all the details with the contractor and they have assured it will be delievered as requested.
This is a total ranting session, but... I'm frustrated!!!!!!!!

No comments: