Tuesday, November 10, 2009

{Reno: Day 1}

Yeah! Day 1 of reno works started yesterday! After hacking and emptying out the rooms upstairs, the place looks so much bigger! The movers moved EVERY piece of movable furniture downstairs. We have thoroughly cleared out the 2nd floor. It's pretty amazing how much packing we did over the past weeks.

First night back home at my mum's... I broke the roman blinds. Gosh! I'm so anticipating that I'd have a big blow up with dad coz' he used to say, "everything that lies in your hands get spoilt..."

Cut, cut, cut... cut all those lies out in Jesus' name. My dad will not scream at me, but he will understand that the roman blind was already spoilt, I just damaged it further...a little.

Anyway, I was glad to be "home" at mum's. Feels great to finally be able to sleep on a bed that is at the corner of a room, beside the window. In case you don't know, I love corners and confined spaces :D

Here's one for you to digest:

Title: The Green Ribbon

She says: Buy the army green ribbon. Those dull, shit green, army green kind, not the bright Christmas green.

He says: OK

He bought the ribbons. She saw them.

She says: You bought Christmas green?

Long pause...

Eventually when he saw the color, he said: You should have said moss green.

She thinks to herself: Isn't moss green, same as army green, which is similar to shit green? Since when did shit come out in happy christmas green, it's as if you've eaten vegetable and it comes out the exact color as when you ate it... duh!

So, can men tell the difference between greens? Ask your spouse or partner or a male friend. You'll be surprised...

Beyond this, she loves him tons for running around buying ribbons for their new curtain. She's just ranting :D

No comments: