Tuesday, August 3, 2010

{Peace}

I didn't take chocolate.
I didn't drink tea after 12pm.
I didn't take high sugar content food or drinks for dinner.

Why am I still awake?!?!?!

Coz'  I allowed a small, insignificant thought to blow out of proportion. No wonder God teaches us to guard or minds and heart.

First guard our mind coz' that is the source where silly thoughts get planted and quickly take root if we allow it.

Second guard our heart coz' what we think eventually sinks into our heart and we act it out.

All I did was allow one small matter to linger in my mind.

All I could think were past hurts, past disappointments, past frustrations.

Soon, I cleverly worked myself into a ball of anger.

I was so worked up, my mind was racing with thoughts and there's just no peace. I attempted to pray but I couldn't focus. I attempted to read the Bible but I wasn't really reading. I cannot sleep.

What's the lesson learnt?

Guard our thoughts. Don't allow angry seeds to plant itself in our minds just before bed time.

Ephesians 4:26 "Be angry but sin not, don't let the sun go down on your anger."

I finally understand why.

Now that everything is in place, I actually feel a sense of peace from within. I'm ready to go to bed. It's almost 3am...

No comments: