Wednesday, December 9, 2009

{I'm Lovin' It}

They've officially handed over the renovation project last Thursday.

Other than the fact that my flip down writing table snapped once (they came to fix it), I'm really pleased with what we've got (minus away poor workmanship). What I'm really saying is... I love the way "I" designed it ha ha ha ... (ego...ego) It's very functional and I could fit all my scrap stuff into my lil craft area.

I've packed, labeled and organised a total of 3.5 rooms - study room, sister's room, our room and landing area. That's like a 4 Rm HDB flat!!!! It took me a minimum of 52 hours over the last 5 days. That's like a minimum of 12 hours on a non-work day... Ouch! My back!!!!

M did the furniture (a 3.2m study table + two 3-drawer room cabinet) fixing from ikea. Lesson learnt. Pay for ikea installation. He took 2 days to fix up all the furniture, it's really a lot of work. It was hilarious when he sat there in the midst of wood and screws, looked at me and said, "Aiyo, next time don't buy ikea furniture. Cannot finish fixing..." Ha ha... If you knew M, that would be funny, coz' he's normally an accomodating person who SELDOM complains. When he does complain, I actually find it hilarious :D

Finally, today's the 6th day since packing started, I think we're 95% done. Just some final bits to touch up. Then, we have to start planning for the Korea trip. We're leaving this Sunday and our itinerary is still not out!!! We're going on a free and easy trip to Seoul. We don't speak Korean... I don't feel at ease to just go without a plan... Any recommendations? We decided not to go for the ski trip since both of us have been before and are not keen to go again, we decided to invest in a good spa package :D

Good times. Happy times. Relaxing times. Looking forward!

1 comment:

Brainybairn said...

Your place sounds great! I'm looking forward to seeing the photos!