Sunday, December 27, 2009

{Food is good for you!}

As we touched down in Seoul, I started my search for Kim Hyun Joong. Come on, I'm in his country... I might bump into him right?!?!?!?! As we were checking out the streets of Seoul, early morning upon arrival, I spotted, not Kim Hyun Joong but... someone even better!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Tada! Lol...


My hubs off course lol, who can be better than him, lol.


This was served before our main dish and I saw Koreans sipping them by the spoonful and I thought, how nice, hot seaweed soup... To my horror, it's cold and that clear liquid is vinegar. Yucks! I got "tricked" twice, then I learnt.




Other than this and Kimchi (which I still cannot appreciate), ALL the other food we had were absolutely mouth-watering. These are just some snap shots of the food we've consumed, check it out!!
.
.
.
.
.
I love the feshly baked walnut red bean cake - YUMMY, and the street food is sooooooo delicious.

The Black Chicken Korean Ginseng Soup warms my heart! So sweet! This is the best shabu-shabu ever. The beef literally "melts" in your mouth!



The dark choco is heavenly! Even our home-cooked instant noodles were so good!
 


Did you konw that zha jian mian is pronounced the same in Korean? It's the bowl of black gooey stuff below. It taste MUCH better than the ones I've tasted in Singapore! And the egg cake is soooooo hmmm... lovely! :D



I've had the BEST textured noodle ever. Don't be decieved by its plain outlook. It's the most smooth "slurpable" noodle I've ever had. It's chewy, yet not too doughy.... it's PERFECT. The best, really! The store only sells 3 dishes and it's always packed with customers. Now I know why...

Oooo and those freshly fried red bean pancake - BESTEST of the best! Quietly tucked away in a little corner of the subway station. It's my must-have snack every night before going back to the apartment. Crispy, tasty, sweet, salty, tsk... it's just super mouth-watering!!



Our final meal at the Incheon airport. We decided to go for the food court food - YUCKS! :)


OK all these images are making my tummy growl. Time for lunch. More photos later!

No comments: