Sunday, January 31, 2010

{First Scrap Class}

I wasn't quite sure what to expect from my very first scrap-class. I wasn't a fan of "cartoon" stickers and that's what this class offers. But what I was intersted was to get my hands on some misting.

After the class, I must say I totally enjoyed it. And Yin is good. She made me realise that kiddy stuff can look nice with adult pix too hahaha... I really couldn' have realised that on my own.

She taught us how to make our very own button acorns. Ok, so everyone concluded that I can't sew. Even just sewing a criss-cross on the button ended me with shaky hands. You see, since young, each time when I try to do detailed work, my hands start shaking. Not sure why, it just happens. And yes, it happened again, lol. No more sewing for me. Does anyone know if they have those staple machines where u just staple the buttons on. I love the sewn on effect, it's just too much for shaky hands me hahaha.. Yin had to sew for me hahahaha...OK i did attempt to make one acorn :)

Love it that she took us through simple steps on how to make our own embelishments. Very creative!

I loved the way she took us through the layouts. She was extremely patient (with me... slowest in class hahaha) and very clear with her instructions. All materials are provided except to bring our own glue dots and tape. My friend and I had a really enjoyable time!

Those of you who are reading this and would like to give it a try, check out the class schedule at www.thescrapbookcarton.com



Check out the cute button acorns hanging from the bow.



I like how we tied a string onto the circle cardboard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Nice! U did a great job and I got to agree Y is a very patient teacher.. Keke

Yin said...

Thanks Wen, and i'm glad you & Jac enjoyed yourself as much as I did too. Looking for more of such cropping time where we can just chat & scrap away!!

Have a good week ahead my dear friend!