Thursday, October 29, 2009

{Ang Pow Box 101}

Woo hoo! I made the first ang pow box ever for my cousin's upcoming wedding.

Learnt a precious and expensive lesson. Friends, don't make the same mistake I made.

I went scrap shopping specially for this box and ended up spending more than $100 on the materials. Hub said, "Huh hundred over for an ang pow box?" I smiled and said, "If you want a nice box, it's like that..."

Feeling proud and happy with  my new purchase, I started to put the box together immediately after I got home. After struggling for half an hour, I had a revelation....

Nothing works! Nothing looks complete together! Nothing fits! Aaahhhhh.....

I started digging through some existing stuff that I had not packed away and wala! I was pretty pleased with what was put together. I only used 1 butterfly and 1 piece of ribbon which I bought from the ang pow box scrap shopping. All other stuff were from my existing stash. Felt so silly. At the end of it, I used only about $20 worth of materials.

I hadn't had a chance to take a picture of it, hope to do so over the weekend.

Ang Pow box 101 - Make use of what you already have, no special materials required.

No comments: