Sunday, August 16, 2009

{My Hero}

The simple metal frame that sat on our study table stared blankly at me. Today, I finally took time to stop, look and gave it some new "clothes".

This photo was taken during our trip to France, in Park Astrix, 2007. Everyone told me how Mark was afraid of roller coaster rides and he never sat on them. On the contrary, I'd sit on every roller coaster that comes my way, I love the thrill and find it hard to digest that my husband was one who would stand and watch others on the roller coaster. Each time I asked him about it, he'd confidently say that he is not afraid and would ride with me any time.

That day, was the day I saw it with my own eyes. Not only did he sat through all the rides with me, I'd like to believe he enjoyed them :) While we were all holding on to the railings for our dear lives, my hero even stretched out his hands to take a video of the the ride. Awwww.....


This is a simple design. Covered the metal frame with some ribbons. This is also the first time I'm putting my handwriting to the test. I journaled :) Previously I never did any writing because I always thought my handwriting is horrible. I even had this comment written in my report card during my school years "W has to improve in her penmanship." And I had to stay back after school for writing lessons because my handwriting apparently was illegible...

Oh well...

Here's the journal reads:

{Mark went on the roller coaster ride with me.
He was fearless and proved everyone wrong.
My hero!}

There were some misjudgement though. I shouldn't have written so near the edge. When I fitted the paper into the frame, some of the words got cut off. Oh well, we learn and move on :)

No comments: