Wednesday, August 5, 2009

{1960s Hippie Dual}

Here it is! I finally did it. This is the first piece of work that is done on a roller table! I used to just spread everything out on the floor and get started. It usually leaves me with a backache thereafter. Found this roller table lying around, thought it would be a good alternative and it was. My bed became the "table" to spread out all the materials. :) I think it's every scrapper's dream to have their very own scrap room or a large scrap table where we can display everything.

Took some of my favourite photos from RY's 60th Birthday Bash. Theme for the night was Salsa & the 1960s. We went for the 1960s hippie look. It was the most enjoyable birthday bash I've ever been to. There was a live band which played all the 60s hit, call me old, but I love the A-go-gos and cha chas :)

I've seen scrappers who work the paper selection really well. For such a simple piece as the one I've done, it took me ages to get the paper selection right and even more time to decide how I should position it, a newbie indeed.
Well, I'm hoping that overtime, with more artwork done, a more distinct style would surface and finding the right mix would be as easy as ABC.

The one big mistake I did was to remove the packaging for my materials and stored them into little ziplog bags. I thought that would make packing & identifying of materials easier. You see, I like things to be organised. I categorise my materials into various color packs :) It's great when I'm searching for things, but it is a challenge when I need to identify the materials used. Well, lesson learnt, let's move forward :)

Materials Used:
Paper - My Mind's Eye
Die-Cut: K & Company :: My Mind's Eye
Rub-ons - American Craft :: Mambly Screen Prints :: October Afternoon
Letter Stickers & Rub-ons - American Craft


No comments: