Sunday, June 20, 2010

{Day Trip to Desaru Fruit Farm}

Went to the Desaru Fruit Farm with M and my mum yesterday.

LIKE
- the time spent with my mum. Priceless!


- the photos that I took with mum. I'm thinking of making a mini-album for her. It's bee a while since we went on a "trip" together.


- the monkey that we saw, so adorable! OK I realised the picture below looks a little scary. But the real monkey was cute... only 5 months old. Like a baby!


Oops!!



- Fresh Passion Fruit Drink - So yummy!


- new knowledge learnt.
1. Did you know how to tell the difference between a naturally grown durian and one that's forced to mature? Now I know.

2. Can you tell from looking at the appearance what a mao shan wang durian is and is not? Now I can.

3. Finally, I've learnt to see the difference between a white flesh and a red flesh dragon fruit, just by looking at the uncut fruit. Yeah!

4. Oh yes and that Dragon fruit is really from a cactus plant. Ok, so what if you knew that before me? It's still new knowledge to me :P


- This trip is free. Complimentary by York Hotel. So generous of them!


DISLIKE
- food with houseflies flying around. Half way through lunch, my stomach cried out for help. And yes, I LSed at a JB toilet. It's the most unpleasant and disgusting toilet experience with extreme stress and pressure knowing that a long line of people are queueing outside. I NEVER want to eat there again! But... I was so helpless. sigh.

- pecked by a goose. So sneaky! I was engrossed looking at the monkey and this goose came charging towards me and pecked me... ?????

- "near white" colourless and tasteless durians - what's the point of a durian fiesta, eat all you want, when the quality of durian is simply not acceptable.


- Travelling. We spent almost 6 hours traveling (both ways) and sleeping in the coach. Of which 1.5 hours was painful because they had a DVD on and it was SO LOUD and the content is SO NOT appropriate for children who were on board... what can I say?

 -to wear not one but two travel stickers... why??


- Weather. Hot! Hot! Hot!

- Unmet expectations. They brought us to this popular wanton mee place. I had my hopes all high and up. The wanton has like 1/2 teaspoon of meat and that's it. 2 of those and a few slice of cha siew. The sauce is not even fantastic. :(


We ended the day with late dinner at York hotel. Had a great time actually dining out with mum and catching up on our recent camp experiences.

Love my mummy!

3 comments:

J said...

so how to tell if the durian is forced or natural? =)

Anonymous said...

wow.. such a wonderful trip with nice photos and food.
I am going mid July with my volunteers.. now you make me cant wait at all... slurp!

Yin said...

Love your photos with your mom & mark Wen!!! It's certainly precious, and it's going to be a great mini album.

Hey when will i get to meet you again?