Friday, July 31, 2009

{Prawning is fun!}

This is my first attempt to take the scrap pictures myself with a simple digicam. I always admired how scrappers could take such beautiful pictures of their work - captured the right angle with the right amount of light. I might be one of those few whose husband is the one who really takes better pictures and I'm just... me :)

I recalled during those times before digicam came about and we couldn't view the picture right after it was taken, I was a terrible photographer. Once I took a photo of the subject's head cut off at the top and another with the camera strap right in front of the lens... {oops!}

Here's my first photo session with my scraps :) This was our night out prawning at Bishan with a group of friends from RS. That night, we bagged the most prawns. 17 I think. Not a fantastic figure, on a good night, one could easily go up to 30 or more! But amongst the group, we did have the largest net of catch :) And in the midst of it, we caught the lagest prawn in the group. If I had taken a picture of what the lady next to us caught, this would appear to be a pathetic prawn size. That lady caught the largest prawn I've ever seen! It was so big! Even a professional prawner came over and said "It cannot get any bigger, that is the biggest..."

Anyway, here's our big catch :)





{We Did It}

{Largest catch of the nite}
{Fun} couldn't have done it without YOU!


{Current Favscrap Item}
On a side note, sequins are my current favscrap item! In the image above, I used blue sequins to give the page some extra sparkle. The best thing is it only cost a fraction of the price of what I'd normally get from a scrap shop. These are from Daiso & are available in various colors. They come in little containers like what you see below. You may either store them as an individual container or stack them for easy storage.


Try it for yourself. They'll become your new fav scrap item!

No comments: